Thursday, July 21, 2005

Forever young

Ok the one real person who actually reads this shit I generate actually told me that the last blog was the pits, and that it was so bad that he had decided not to read my blog anymore.
Well… “Screw you guys”, Cartman, Eric, Southpark, 2000.

Now that we’ve done away with our only fan lets get on with our blog.
I haven’t been attending classes for the last week and a half. Why? Basically I really don’t know why the hell I am in this school doing this degree. Hence I don’t know why I need to bother with trivialities like classes. Maybe my opinions will change once I run out of attendance, but I really don’t think so. This usually happens to me at the beginning of each term. I start off in right earnest, with an attitude to crack the term out of shape, get in shape and generally be a nice guy. The first victim is usually the getting in shape bit. A couple of night outs with good “Old” friends like the monk are enough to put paid to my aims of getting into the pink of health in the prime of my life. The next to fall is the cracking the term out of shape. This usually happens around the mid-terms. Just before the mid-terms I get all philosophical, give up fighting and end up screwing up the mid-term exams, like now for example. “Being a nice guy” usually manages to last the longest but its tough to keep up the façade if you’re not genuinely nice. Well that’s the story of my terms/semesters my life in general. Life till now has kept giving me more and more chances but I have become an expert at blowing them. The only positive this term is that I have decided to rekindle one of my former hobbies. I used to quiz. Never well and hardly used to win, but decided that since I don’t do anything in life I might as well quiz. It’s a nice hobby. You get to meet a lot of other losers. It makes you good to feel that you’re not the only one to have blown you’re chances. Of course quizzing requires that I actually be aware of what’s going on around me. Read the newspaper, literature, harry potter etc. but I think I’ll get by without most.

So what did I do this past week?

1. Played Rise of Nations
2. Watched weird movies
3. Hogged at the Ice Cream Shop
4. Listened to sad music and watched videos
5. Group Assignments, (out of fear of being branded a free rider)

The last point gives me hope. I still want to conform. That will keep me safe. In spite of everything they say, the herd is a safe place.
If you’ve been watching your Nat Geo right it’s only the stragglers in the herd that get hunted. The rest of the herd is pretty safe. That leads me to another conclusion; the so called “RG” spirit is older than most of us think. The slowest runners ended up as lunch. Maybe that’s where our competitive spirit comes from. On that interesting thought I shall close today’s blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger ledsuki said...

To Conform or not to conform.

http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/jul/20guest2.htm

Neo -> Morpheus, I'mm forever your fan!!. You will never get rid of me!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger therealbeedi said...

Hmm it seems more than one real person still reads my blog. Nice to know that. I am not alone. Thanks Suki

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home