Monday, June 13, 2005

You're going to be the one that saves me

“Are you really such a sad and frustu guy?” She asked.
“Yes. In fact it’s actually because I vent all of it on my blog that I’m such a cheerful chill guy.”
“Saad”
“Yeah, but what to do”
...
“It’s you” She said quietly.
My heart was racing. My whole life flashed before me. Was I in the Matrix or was this the real world. Everything was going faster and faster. An instant later it all came crashing down.
“I was just joking” She said and laughed, and then went on “But it would be cool na. You would go all crazy and follow and keep calling me from Bangalore”
“Yes I might”. It was only a matter of time now. The chain reaction had started
...
“You’ll miss me na, after tomorrow.”
“Yes, I can’t imagine how I am going to go on without you”
“Proper geela guy you are”
“Yeah I suppose I am”
...
Behavioral theory states that a man finds a woman more attractive if it is later in the night or if he is drunk. It was midnight and I was a bit tipsy. But she looked like the most beautiful girl in the world and it wasn’t my watch(actually I don’t own a watch and my cell phone doubles up as my time-piece but why bother with the details and spoil the moment) or the booze. It was her. It was just her.
I leaned over and so did she. I then Shout-Whispered ( the kind of thing you do in a crowded disco/pub to make sure the other person has a 50-50 chance of hearing approximately what you said) into her ear
“What if I sent you a mail saying I was crazy about you?”

Neo: Oye beedi what sort of a line is that?
Beedi: Don’t know one of those defensive feints I suppose.
Neo: If I had tried that on Trinity, I would ended up like the trainman. You stupid fool. It’s like you are trying to play some trick on her. Like you are showing her some stimulus and trying to analyze her reaction. She probably felt like the victim of some behavioral science experiment. If she had anything for you can be sure it’s over. I am sure Pavlov’s dog never had feelings for him.
Beedi: So what do if do now?
Neo: I don’t know, get her a biscuit... And ring the bell. She might understand what you feel for her.
Beedi: Oye quit the humor and give me a way out.
Neo: Forget it. You’re too much of a bungling idiot.


She mover back immediately. I couldn’t find from her reaction what she was thinking. I never got a chance to speak to her after that. Never saw her again after that night. Never sent that email
....

Cause after all you’re my wonderwall

2 Comments:

Blogger ledsuki said...

It would have worked actually!!..

All you had to do was start of with
"In need your unbiased opinion on this issue....."

9:28 AM  
Blogger therealbeedi said...

Agreer. But then that's the truth

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home