Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Another sea, Another breeze

"So Phaedrus how do you like the Arabian Sea?"
"Its a nice place. Though not as good as the beach near which I grew up"
It was the middle of my summer project and I was standing with Phaedrus on one of the many sea shores at Mumbai.
"Where are you doing your summers?"
"Ask me where i am doing life!". There u had it the same philosophical defense to avoid mundane realities. I knew he had made it to some cheap marketing company. I was surprised that he wasn't getting sent around rural India. I hadn't met Phaedrus for quite some time now. Maybe it was just that i was busy with summers and hence didn't make an effort. In a way i was glad that i was able to carry on without having gripe to phaedrus about life. Just as we were gazing into the Arabian Sea this big guy walks up to Phaedrus, gave him a big hug and then started talking really fast. Phaedrus introduced him to me as Morpheus, also and MBA types. He was working in some financial services firm in Mumbai. He and Phaedrus were really good friends it seemed. Morpheus was just like Phaedrus only more melodramatic. It was time for me to leave, so i made the polite gesture of asking Morpheus for his cell phone number. Little did i know what i was getting myself into.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

cheap marketing company?? adanguda..

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home