Friday, July 01, 2005

Hello World

Have you ever woken up in the morning and not wanted to get up? Have you ever felt like telling the world that if it can’t wait for you then it can screw itself?
That’s how my day started today. I woke up at 7.55 AM, with Phaedrus banging on my door.
"Hey Beedi wake up!! We have SCM at 8"
I slowly got out of bed and opened the door.
"Dei Beedi, aren’t u coming for SCM class"
"No dude I want to sleep."
"Okay then maybe I’ll also ditch. His classes suck anyway"
"Yeah, Good Night. Enjoy maadi."
I went back to bed and decided to go back to sleep. How come Phaedrus had woken up and decided to attend class. He definitely had changed. But I did have the smug satisfaction of having deterred him from attending class.
I then slowly floated away into my dream world having decided to log back into reality during the post lunch session.

Let me try some poetry
There are two birds on the tree outside the room
I woke up late and they weren’t there anymore.
So I went back to sleep
I dream of the two birds on the tree outside my room.

Beedi that’s awful. It’s some prose written with a new line for every sentence. As prose it sucks.

So I can’t write poetry. We learn new things about ourselves all the time.

Anyway I woke up in the afternoon around twelve-thirty. Read the headlines on one of those stupid pink newspapers. Then suddenly remembered that I had some work to do. I had lately been pretty sick of my alter ego's, so i had decided to see if I could pick up some new ones from the market. I had put an ad in the papers and received a whole bunch of one-page resumes. I started sifting through them and finally short listed three of them and called them over for interviews. The three were really different and I was certain that I was going to pick up only one of them. The final three were Tyler Durden, Stupendous man, and Norman Bates. They all had impressive bullet points and seemed to have achieved a lot in their current positions.

The first interview was with Bates
"Hi Norman. I am Beedi"
"Hi Beedi."
He seemed very distant and cold. That was interesting. That would match me personality very well.
"So Norman, why do you want this job"
"I feel that my background as a schizophrenic psycho killer, qualifies me to play the role of an alter ego in any industry. I know that with my background in cross-dressing and murder you would like to type cast me as a psycho killer, but I want to assure you that I can play any alter ego extremely well. Also the opportunities for killer alter ego's nowadays is limited. So I want to expand my horizons by working with you as your alter ego."
"So Norman, you are basically going to join me, get some good work ex and a couple of bullet points in your resume and then scoot?"
"No. I definitely want to grow and learn from you, but I also feel that as I grow it is your duty to provide me with opportunities to fit my capabilities. If you fail to do so that would force me to look for greener pastures"
“Thank you Norman. That will be all. Send the next guy in”
I decided that I certainly did not want this crazy guy on my team. He was excellent at what he did no doubt. But with these kinds there was not telling how he would perform in a different environment. I decided I would keep tabs on him, but that this was not the time to pick him up. A guy like that could really rock the boat. We don’t want those kinds on our team.

“Hi Sir, I am Stupendous man”
“Oh! Hi. I am Beedi”
“So Stupendous, tell me about your current position”
“I work as an alter ego for Calvin.”
“Of the Calvin and Hobbes fame?”
“Yes Sir”
“So how is it working for a famous personality?”
“Well, its kind of tough sir. You are always under the spotlight. Also being the alter ego of a cartoon character I felt that there was no room for me to grow. It was always what Bill (the cartoonist) thought and no scope for creativity.”
“Why do you want to leave such an excellent position to join us? An unknown entitiy?”
“Sir, I feel that though I have an impressive resume having worked with Calvin, I would like to explore my potential more and that the opportunities I would get with you are much better.”

I interviewed Tyler as well, but that is I in the next blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vetty Max said...

Dei...shortlist Anniyan also da....he is the latest craze.

8:29 AM  
Blogger therealbeedi said...

About the curtains
I already have curtains for my window. And also i found that at a certain height the tree outside my room (on which the birds sit) actually blocks line of sight. So when i want to change all i have to do is sit down on the floor and do it.
Anniyan's ersume is being pushed by placecom, so lets see. It depends on his conti's with the place rep.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home