Thursday, February 23, 2006

Short Story Part 2

I suppose piggy notices the story. It’s not a very well concealed allegory. Since I am not very creative the story is obviously based on a true incident. But somehow I’ve wanted to write this story for a long time and now that I finally have got down to it, the sentences and words seem to be too difficult. Since Piggy is in on this we might as well put him in as well.


K:”Hi Piggy”
Piggy: “Hi K. What’s up? Are you going to be here for Moat?”
K:”Yeah I am in the organizing committee. I am working for some of the events. What about you. Most people seem to wandering of to the hills during Moat. I wonder. What’s the point of Moat, if most of us beggars aren’t here for it? I mean why we should pay for a bunch of MBA’s to come and party for five days.”
Piggy:” I don’t care. Its five days off and I am going to Madikeri to cool off.”
K: “Wow. That’s a great place. I wish I could join you there. Okay anyway I've got to leave now I’ve got work to do. Moat is only a week away.”
Piggy: “I suppose the King will be opening the festival as usual.”
K:” Yeah and he will give his usual speech”. K draws himself up to his full height and begins to imitate the king, in a particularly high pitched voice.
“Freeends, Welcome to Moat. It’s always amazing. I look out of my tower and notice the poor beggars in the moat preparing for the oncoming festival. How the turn the flat land into this wonderful carnival. I must congratulate the Grounds men committee of Moat for their splendid job. “
Piggy:” That’s an awful imitation. And you could get jailed for that. He is the King you know.”
K: “Okay I really must be going. Bye .Have fun in Madikeri”

K then turned around and began walking quickly towards the largest structure in the moat. This was the central tent of the Moat festival. It was from here that the entire preparation for Moat would be coordinated. And during the festival it housed the main stage where some of the more popular shows and events of the festival were held. As he walked he began thinking of excuses for why he was late. As he walked towards the tent, he noticed that there seemed to be a lot of noise coming from it. He then remembered that it was a Tuesday and the weekly movie was being screened in the tent. The beggars knew how to take care of themselves. Though they could go into city theatres and watch movies, none of them could afford it, and even the few successful ones who could, would never be allowed into the city. Hence they had their own screening methods and they usually screened movies in the main tent on Tuesdays. K decided to walk in and watch whatever was left of the movie. K had always liked movie endings.

This story is going nowehere. I'd better stop for now, and come up with some clear ideas on where its going next and how I'm going to finish it. I think i should be done in a few more parts

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi K. What’s up?

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home